keep the fire burning...

Friday, July 27, 2007

The Essence of Being Human

I'm reading a book. It's called Living, Loving and Learning by Leo Buscaglia, Ph.D. This book is too optimistic for me, albeit, there is something in the book that keeps me flipping its pages. I've read only a few pages, but I feel that I have learned a lot. The power of words is really amazing. It can either make or break you. It is for this reason that I think before I utter a word. But anyway, there are still times that you have to say words that can hurt people because you have to, but you have to make sure that what you are saying is true.

It is a fact that in order for man to learn, he has to feel pain several times. Sometimes, the pain is nothing, and sometimes, he feels a pain so great, that he just wants everything to stop. It is entirely up to him if he will get out of it, no matter how big the pain he feels, or if he will just bury himself and feel the pain until he dies. It will be his choice if he will be strong or will be weak.

There are a lot of different ways of coping with pain. Either ways, you will need the help of another, a greater power at times. What makes a man human is the pain that he has to feel throughout his life. But what makes a human a person is the love and the care that he feels deep within him and the love and the care that he has to share.


"I think the loving person must return to spontaneity - return to touching each other, to holding each other, to smiling at each other, to thinking of each other, to caring about each other... Hugs are good, they feel nice, and if you don't believe it, try it."
- Leo Buscaglia, Ph. D.

Labels: ,

posted by LeVamp Yigae at 1:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home